Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review

When BB's really hit off, I wasn't really sure what they were about and what the fuss was about. However lots of free samples could be ordered online, so I tried a couple of different ones out and this is the one I ended up liking most.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Light
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB makes these claims -
Your 8-in-1 Skin perfector :
* Imperfections look blurred
* A Natural Looking Glow
* Fresh Feel
*Compliments skin tone
*Skin looks smooth
* Hydrates
* Protects with SPF 30
*Oil-Free, Non Greasy


Now what particularly took me was that is has SPF 30,  I burn easily. Really easily. Skiing holiday with factor 50? Still burnt.  So being able to put this product on and then not worry as much about my face burning in the rare glimpses of english sun/ever present UV rays is a bonus - no premature wrinkling or leathery skin for me please. However I wasn't convinced that BB creams were anything more than glorified tinted moisturizer. 

However it was much more pigmented than a tinted moisturizer and therefore gave more coverage. I liked how it blended onto my skin easily and that it left my skin feeling soft. Compared to a liquid foundation, which can sometimes feel heavy on the skin, this was just like putting on some moisturizer and it soaking in. It leaves your skin looking a bit dewy and like you haven't got much/any make up on. 

The only problem was that although the coverage was good to start with, covering blemishes and redness, that after a little while, the few spots I had (urghhh my skin drives me mad!) , were visible again. Also the BB creams come in a limited number of colours, so whilst this colour matches most of my face, where I am extra pale around my jaw line, you could see a colour difference.

It retails for around £7 which really isn't that bad and you can get it at Boots, Superdrug, large supermarkets etc. so it is pretty easy to get your hands on. 

Pros - Left skin feeling soft and moisturised, protects skin with SPF 30, gives a light - medium cover without a heavy make up feeling.
Cons - Doesn't offer heavy / all day coverage for spots or darker blemishes. May need topping up as the day goes on. Limited colour options.
Overall - 7/10.   If used alongside a little concealer, or if your skin is fairly clear but maybe just a little uneven, then this product is fab. A great multipurpose cream, that makes your skin look just that bit better without heavy make up. Mine has definitely been my summer saviour and even on a student's budget it's affordable (mine seems to be endless!).
   

What do you think of BB creams? Which is your favourite?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment