Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Lord & Berry Lip Crayons

Whilst sorting through my make up the other day I realized I was seriously lacking in the lipstick department. I found 2 I really disliked, 1 I like, 1 lipstain I love and discovered my perfect red lipstick has gone for an adventure somewhere unknown. So onto Asos I went, (student discount and free postage - what's not to love), and an hour later I had decided on two Lord & Berry Lip Crayons, in Cherry and in Lust. When first applied they had a lovely sheen to them, however as time went on they looked a lot more matte.

Lord & Berry 20100 Lipstick Pencil (various colours): Image 11

Pros - Both crayons were really easy to apply and  just glided on. They were really pigmented and gave a lovely coverage. It is very light to wear and didn't smudge too much once on, apart from when I ate a tortilla wrap for lunch! They didn't dry out my lips and I love the even colour it gives me.
Cons-  I would say the colour lasted between 2 - 3 hours and then needed a top up, which isn't great, but after that time there was still some colour on my lips, it has just faded a little (one of my friends thought even then that it still looked better than her lip stain). 
Overall - Although it didn't last as long as some lipsticks, it was so easy to touch up that I can't really complain and I could of carried on for a few more hours, with just a more muted shade of the same colour if I really didn't have a spare 5 minutes to fix it.  I think they are totally worth the £8 pricetag and I just found out they come in a lot more colours than I realised! My christmas wishlish has just got a bit bigger...

Update: woke up in the morning after committing a skin sin and forgetting to remove my lip colour before going to bed and still had a fair amount of colour, confusingly even though i  reapplied it in the morning, 3 hours later after my lecture, the colour hadn't held as much. I blame my water bottle... 

Cherry is a gorgeous vintagey blue toned red, looking a bit more matte after an hour on.
I look a bit messier, because its the evening and my hair just likes to do its own thing by the end of the day.

Lust is a pop arty pink.


Lust looking shiny when first applied.


Has anyone tried any of the other colours? What do you think?



My Gorgeous rottie definitely thinks I should be paying attention to him, so I'm off to fuss over him. Night!







No comments:

Post a Comment